Tuesday, December 29, 2009

December 29, 2009

My father and I went down to Hunts Photo Video in Melrose today. Picked up some developer and fixer -- just mixed up a batch. Hopefully I will develop a couple rolls tonight once the solutions cool down. I also got some other odds and ends I needed (lens cap, blue filter) and some new film to try. I got two 35mm rolls each of the Ilford Pan F Plus ISO 50 film and Ilford Delta 3200 -- opposite ends of the sensitivity range, I know! But I have only used ISO 100 and 400 films, so it is time to branch out.

Tomorrow I will be going on a photo safari with my photography teacher from high school, and possibly one other of my high school teachers! Should be fun. I agonized a little over what to bring. I know that I should not bring that much gear (more cameras does usually mean fewer photographs), and I only have limited space in the bag anyway. I decided to eschew my usual Nikon FM and lenses and to use my more unusual equipment. I am bringing a tripod, a medium format TLR, the Zenit with fisheye lens, and my D40 with my usual macro lens and the lens baby.

Can't wait. Might also get to try out a panoramic camera, this one in particular. I have never used one, but have been interested in trying one out ever since seeing some of Josef Sudek's panoramas.

No comments:

Post a Comment