Sunday, January 10, 2010

January 10 2009

Finished up two rolls of film today, the Ilford Pan Plus ISO 50 in the Horizon Perfekt although the film snapped after the last frame -- I was not sure how many exposures to expect. Around 22, I know now. Hopefully I won't have trouble getting the film out in the changing bag later.

Also finished a 24 exposure roll of TMax 400 through the black FM body. This body is nicer than my silver one since it doesn't have the odd issue that crops up, but it also feels a lot smoother in operation, both the film advance and rewind crank. It is also pretty! I am guessing it has just seen less use. The silver FM body certainly has some mileage on it (I know I have put 50 rolls through it since I got it), you can see sprocket holes worn onto the film pressure plate!

Considering they were made in the 70s I would say they both work very well, however.


1978 ad for the FM that is a little too accurate
.

On yesterday's topic about using wide angles to distort reality...



Mind you, I like both of these. The first one (I think) is pretty hard to tell it is from a fisheye; if I had centered the horizon better I am not sure there would be any evidence. The second one is much wilder.

No comments:

Post a Comment