Tuesday, June 2, 2009

June 2 2009

I went to Hunts Photo Video in Melrose today, which is a very nice store, and I got chemistry to develop my own film here at home (yay!) and also a new toy...an 85mm f/1.8 AF lens. I've been wanting a short telephoto for use on film for a long time and I love the perspective of the 60mm f/2.8 I get on my D40, so I knew I wanted either an 85 or 105mm lens. I was torn between a 105mm f/2.8 macro lens or this one, but the 85mm is compatible with basically all Nikon cameras since the 70s, although it won't auto focus on the cheapest DSLR bodies. I still get full matrix metering and all exposure modes though! If I got a 105mm f/2.8 I would have to get the old AIS version which would not meter or anything on newer cameras. I am going to get a macro lens for the FM soon, I hope.

Pictures of kitties!







No comments:

Post a Comment