Monday, June 8, 2009

June 8 2009

I had been shooting my Nikon FM but it seems to be having some issues...When I stroke the lever to advance the film and cock the shutter it is firing (not all the time though) as I release the lever, and once it froze up entirely when I released the shutter, just leaving the mirror up and shutter open. It's very sad and disheartening, especially since there was a photo that I really wanted to take that was perfect. Hopefully it will come out, but there's a good chance it will have been ruined.

I think it's all somehow connected to the depth of field preview lever, but I don't have anyway to verify that. I hope I can get it fixed. Not sure what to do with the other half roll that is in there. I can sort of make the camera operate by advancing the film with the lens cap on and then resetting the shutter with the double exposure lever. Far from ideal.

Some shots from around campus with the D40.









The good news is that the university I am at has a big selection of photography books, so I will be reading those during my free time. I came across the work of Teun Hocks (which is really oil painting over a huge enlargement) which is cool, and was again impressed by the works of Duane Michals and Ralph Eugene Meatyard. They also only have the one Josef Sudek book I've seen before; I will need to find some more of his works, someday.

1 comment:

  1. hmmm... sorry to hear about that; that's the FM? Is there any warranty for it?

    ReplyDelete