Saturday, August 22, 2009

August 22 2009

Small update.

Been shooting just with the FM. My spiffy EVIL sticker came off, but oh well. I've shot about 4 rolls, mostly of architecture. Also have some shots of the Red Bull Air Race and the fireworks from St. Stephen Day last Thursday. I forgot the TMax 400 I have are only 24 exposure rolls. I probably will have to buy some more film when I am here, but I've seen a couple camera stores with it. I will probably have to get color print film though, but I haven't asked about black and white film. Hard to say if I could track down some Kodak or Ilford film.

Unfortunately the FM started to act up with the 50mm f/1.4 as well. I think it is exacerbated by heat, since it started when I was sitting out in the sun for the Red Bull Air Race and seems to be a bit better now. It's still such a bizarre and inconsistent problem. I love the FM so much, I'd hate to have to get a new camera if I can't get it repaired. It's nice and small, light enough but solidly build, and has every feature I could want.

I probably lost half of the roll of the fireworks because of its shenanigans. Very said, the display on the Danube was probably the best I've seen. I was right on the water, too.

Downtown is beautiful, and there is a lot I want to explore and see. Tomorrow I will (if all goes well) go see the Robert Capa exhibition at the LUMU.

Anyway, I am looking forward to developing my film and seeing my photos...Someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment