Thursday, September 3, 2009

September 3 2009

I went to the House of Hungarian Photography today. They are located near Oktogon, and open weekdays from 2-7. They have a very nice library on the top floor, a couple rooms just filled with old photography magazines and books, free for residents of Hungary. And being a student there for a semester counts! I spent a while looking through their great selection. I could spend years there. They also have a shop with some nice prints and books (new and used) and exhibition space. They had a show about space photographs, but I didn't check it out.

There is a also a very cool little used book store/cafe called Tree Hugger Dan's near Oktogon. I bought a copy of Crime and Punishment there, since I was told to read it by a former high school English teacher. And they aren't people you want to disappoint!

I spent some time shooting at the Opera house which is a stop down from Oktogon (called Opera). Beautiful building. Why don't we have as cool buildings? Why doesn't anyone make stone buildings any more? They are so elegant and permanent...

Bought three more rolls of film at Soós Foto. Their prices are just a little better than the other photo store I mentioned, but they only had TMax 400 for black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment