Monday, January 23, 2012

Kodak Aero-Ektar

I've been doing some reading about the Kodak Aero-Ektar (namely the 178mm f/2.5 which covers 4x5 and was made for reconnaissance photos) and looking through the Flickr group instead of doing my homework, and I am glad I don't have a Speed Graphic (the Aero-Ektar is a barrel lens, too big for a leaf shutter: it needs a focal plane shutter) or I would probably be trying to get one.

It allows for some pretty extreme depth of field isolation especially when used with tilts, it has a nice dreamy look wide open, and the bokeh (I kind of hate that word) is sort of harsh, but it has the cat's eye or "swirly" character I like, akin to my 50mm f/2 Summitar.

I especially like these:
Cameraboy
Photoenthusist
Distant light
Untitled
Alight
Petit Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment