Wednesday, January 21, 2009

January 21st 2009

I just got back from the Obama staff ball. I brought my camera, so I should have pictures up tomorrow. Arcade Fire and Jay Z played, and Joe Biden, Kal Penn, and Obama all gave speeches. Would have been nice to have a 70-200 f/2.8 VR :) As it was, my pictures should be okay but nothing too exciting. It was pretty nuts in there, with thousands of Obama campaign workers partying. For some reason drinks were free. I was driving, so it didn't matter to me.

I also took pictures yesterday at the Eastern Inaugural Ball in Union Station. It was going to be Obama's last stop and we had to leave because the metro closed at 2, so I did not get to see him there. Took some nice pictures with my girlfriend's point and shoot, those should also be up tomorrow. I did not bring either my DSLR or a film SLR because I wasn't sure if it would be allowed...But it was, and I really wish I had.

Oh, and my new to me Nikon FM is here and seems really nice and in great shape, I am excited to shoot it.

No comments:

Post a Comment