Friday, January 23, 2009

January 23 2009

I was wondering today about the is common 20 questions...question..."Is it bigger than a bread box?" I just think a bread box is an arcane unit of measurement. Does anyone even have bread boxes any more? Also, when something is bigger than a bread box does it mean it could fit in a bread box, or that it has less volume than a bread box? Take for instance, a yardstick. Is it bigger than a bread box? The question seems to assume a certain proportion of height, length, and depth...

Anyway, here are some pictures from today.
Nice blue sky again.
DSC_5668s
Two faced white birch. I've taken a few pictures of this before.
DSC_5666s
Tree shadows. The white dead grass is the weird turf on one of the playing fields.
DSC_5670s
I like the texture of this rock.
DSC_5682s
Struggling with my ongoing addiction to spikey things.
DSC_5687s
Icicle
DSC_5721s
Rusty steel.
DSC_5727s
Don't do it.
DSC_5733s
Sprouting?
DSC_5702s
More ice.
DSC_5747s

The weirdest thing I found today was an abandoned deer leg which raises a bevy of questions. Is there a three legged deer stumbling around? Did it just fall off? Was it left there by a hunter? This is on a college campus, near a golf course and playing fields mind you. And yes, I know I seem to have a knack for finding dead animals or their parts, but it is in no way intentional...

No comments:

Post a Comment