Sunday, April 24, 2011

Nikkor 200mm f/4 AI-S IF micro

Nikkor 200mm f/4 AI-S IF micro (AI 1978-'82, AI-S '82-2005)
This sample from the 2000s?





Filter size: 52mm
Close focus distance: 2.34 feet or 0.71 meters. 1:2 maximum reproduction ratio. 19.5 inches working distance.
Aperture range: f/4 - f/32
Aperture blades: 9
Depth of field scale for f/32, IR focusing index.
Design: 9 elements in 6 groups.

Comments: I need to take more photos with this lens. Maybe over the summer I will have time to use it more. It is a big enough lens that I feel very conspicuous using it. Has the the most depth of field isolation of any lens I own currently, despite its modest aperture.

Surprisingly long, but not terribly heavy. Internal focus, so it does not get any longer. Has a built-in hood, although interestingly is is not as nice as the one on the 135mm f/2.8. It waggles a bit as you pull it out, doesn't have the nice felt interior. Supposed to include a removable/rotatable tripod collar, but mine didn't come with one. I hope to find one someday. It is noticeably more difficult to hand-hold compared to the 55mm and 60mm micro lenses (which I hand hold even under less than ideal light), and the 105mm micro (which I can handhold under good light).

Other resources
Ken Rockwell
MIR













More photos from this lens

No comments:

Post a Comment