Sunday, February 19, 2012

This old lens: Canon 50mm f/1.8 FD

Lens: Canon 50mm f/1.8 S.C. (single coated?)





Filter size: 55mm (unlabeled)
Close focus distance: 2 feet/0.6 meters, marked.
Aperture range: f/1.8 - f/16
Aperture blades: 5
Depth of field scale for f/4,8,11,16, and IR focusing index.

Comments: I find the 5-bladed aperture distracting, and the plasticy build quality of the lens does not impress me.  But it makes nice photos.

The photos: I think I got the most keepers of any of these cameras with the Canon, although I think that's more luck than anything to do with the camera.








(With polarizer)








I look a little deranged.  This was how I labeled the rolls of film from each camera.












I find the 5-bladed aperture very distracting in this shot.

More photos from this lens

No comments:

Post a Comment